Solicitors Permit Information
The City of Alliance allows for Door-to-Door Solicitation and Canvassing, provided that certain conditions are met, and a permit is obtained. During door-to-door solicitation or canvassing, the permit must be displayed at all times and exhibited to any resident or municipal official upon request. No license shall be valid for a period not to exceed thirty days from the date of issuance unless earlier revoked. First permit cost $100.00 per applicant, after expiration, a license may be renewed for $50.00 for one additional thirty-day period. Any subsequent renewals will require the issuance of a new license. No license issued hereunder shall be assigned or transferred to another person. Soliciting is only permitted between the hours of 9:00 AM through 30 minutes prior to sunset.
For more information regarding Canvassing and Door-to-Door Solicitation, please refer to the City of Alliance Ordinances 59-18 section 765.04 (Click Here): For Door-to-Door Solicitation application hard copy (Click Here.)
Active Solicitors permit as of August 8, 2021 (Click Here)
The process to obtain a Door-to-Door Solicitation or Canvassing Permit:
- Go to the City of Alliance website www.cityofalliance.com under column “How Do I”
- Print and fill out the solicitor’s application form. If you prefer, you may pick one up at City of Alliance, Mayor’s Office, City Administration Building, located at 504 East Main Street, 2nd Floor, Alliance, Ohio 44601.
- Please send completed application to: Mayor’s Office. 504 E. Main Street, Alliance, Ohio 44601 or fax to (330-821-9362) along with company information and driver licenses photo ID. A separate application must be filled out for each person.
- A background check will be conducted (could take up to 10 days)
- After a satisfactory background check has been completed, the Safety Director will review the application.
After the Safety Director approves the application, the applicant will be contacted and advised that the permit is ready for pickup.
Payment of cash or check is due when the permit is picked up at City of Alliance Mayor’s Office during regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM).
As of September 14, 2021 - No Solicitor Permits for Sale.- Due to Covid19
Coronavirus Information (Click Here)
Do Not Knock Policy
No solicitor will approach a residence that is on the Do Not Knock list. Before approaching a residence, solicitors can view or download the Do Not Knock list online. (Click here)
If you have questions or problems during your solicitation period, please contact the City of Alliance by calling 330-821-3110.