Housing Rehabilitation Program
The City of Alliance has in the past and continues to be committed to improving housing conditions for low to moderate income individuals and households through the owner-occupied housing rehabilitation program.
This program is operated with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds through the Department of Planning and Development. The purpose of the program is to provide decent, safe and sanitary housing for qualified low to moderate income, single family, residential homeowners. CDBG funds are also provided to social service agencies that aim to benefit the low / moderate income eligible individuals within the City of Alliance.
Community Development Block Grant Program
The CDBG program is one of the longest-running programs of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The program funds local community development activities such as affordable housing, anti-poverty programs, and infrastructure development.
- Learn more about the CDBG program.
- Playing by the Rules CDBG Handbook (PDF)
- FY-2021 HUD Income Guidelines
- Stark County CDBG & Home Income Limits
- CV-CDBG COVID 19 Relief Money -July 31, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- FY-2024 CDBG Application
City of Alliance CDBG Annual Action Plans
As a recipient of federal funds, the City of Alliance is required to submit to HUD each year an Annual Action Plan which defines the direction the city takes in utilizing its federal funding for the upcoming fiscal year.
- FY-2023 Annual Action Plan -- DRAFT
- FY-2020 Annual Action Plan -- FINAL
- FY-2019 CDBG Annual Action Plan
- News Brief of Public Meeting - Annual Action Plan for 2021
- Notice of Public Meeting - Annual Action Plan for 2021
Note: All plans remain as drafts until approved by HUD.
City of Alliance 5 Year Consolidated Plan
As required by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (H.U.D.), the City of Alliance has completed the Five Year Consolidated Plan for fiscal years 2019-2023. The link below is the final copy that has been approved by City Council and submitted to H.U.D. for acceptance.
City of Alliance CDBG - Consolidated Annual Performance & Evaluation Report (CAPER)
As a recipient of federal funds, the City of Alliance is required to submit to HUD each year a Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER). This defines the direction the city has taken in utilizing its federal funding for the previous fiscal year.
FY-2018 CAPER (PDF)
FY-2019 CAPER (PDF)
Note: All reports remain as drafts until approved by HUD.
Housing Rehabilitation Program
The Housing Rehabilitation program is designed to assist qualified single-family, low-to moderate-income (LMI) homeowners with needed repairs to bring their homes to decent, safe, and sanitary housing conditions.This program is open to all qualifying residents of Stark County’s CDBG program area.
- Learn more about the Housing Rehabilitation program.
- Contact Jill Ross of Stark County Regional Planning at 330-451-7399 with questions concerning the Housing Rehabilitation Program or to request an interview to begin the application process.
The City of Alliance has a code enforcement officer / zoning inspector in addition to a housing specialist who have both been trained to perform inspections and investigate complaints.
- Contact Mary Ann Campbell at 330-829-2235 with questions or concerns regarding the city’s property maintenance code.
Community Development Partners
Learn more about the city’s partners in community development:
- Alliance for Children and Families
- Historic Preservation Commission
- Permanent Supportive Housing
- Stark County Regional Planning