Alliance is strategically located in northeast Ohio within a short driving distance to Cleveland, Akron, Pittsburgh, and Columbus. Alliance is primarily located in Stark County, while sharing a border with Mahoning and Columbiana Counties. Route 62, a limited access four-lane highway, is on the western border of the city and connects with Interstate 77, providing easy access to Interstate 76 and the turnpike.
Education & Businesses
Alliance is home to the University of Mount Union as well as several corporate headquarters such as Coastal Pet Products, Morgan Engineering, Winkle Industries, Alliance Castings, Trilogy Plastics, Terry's Tire Town, Alliance Bearing and Repair, Sun America, and Robertson Heating and Supply. These are just a few of the major employers that call Alliance home. These companies all share one common element - they all relocated or grew their company by utilizing incentives offered by the City of Alliance.
Relocating to Alliance
If you are exploring options for relocating or expanding your business, the City of Alliance is ready to help. Below you will find a description of the programs and services that Alliance has to offer. Contact Joe Mazzola at (330) 829-2235. An incentive package will be tailored for your business needs using state, county, and local resources.
- Community Reinvestment Area (CRA) - Exemption of real property tax
- Download the CRA Application (PDF)
- Direct low interest loans from the City of Alliance up to a maximum of 50% of eligible program costs, including building, land, machinery, and equipment
- 90% available in the downtown development district for building purchase and renovation
- Coordination of financing with the Stark Development Board and banking institutions
- Download the Loan Application (PDF)
Industrial Support Services
- Stark State College (Alliance)
- Alliance City Schools Adult Education and Career Services - Alliance Career Centre
- Arrangement of meetings with various departments for new development - Building, Engineering, Inspections, Health, Zoning
- Assistance with plan submittals
- Coordination with utilities (water, sewer, gas, electric)
- Arrangement of meetings with land owners
- Coordination of training with area colleges and universities
- View information regarding traffic counts
- Treated Water capacity - Maximum production of 10 mgd, current production is 3.5 mgd
- Sanitary Sewer capacity- 7.5 mgd, current is 4.6 mgd, 32 mgd before by-pass
- Line Sizes in industrial park at street - Water line is 12", Sewer is 10" which is connected to a 12" that runs parallel to rail tracks on north side of park
- Proximity to Route 62, 4 lane limited access highway with connections to routes 77, 76 and 80.Distance to route 62 from industrial park is less then 1 mile.
- Airport Distance - From industrial Park:
- Canton / Akron - 17.5 miles
- Cleveland Hopkins - 70 miles
- Pittsburgh - 72 miles
- Commerce Park, 225 available acres, rail access, shovel ready.
If you are looking for an existing facility for either industrial or business activity, please call Joe Mazzola at (330) 829-2235.